We have released Bot Libre 5.0!
The worlds most advanced bot platform just got better. Bot Libre 5.0 is a free and open source platform for developing and hosting bots. Bot Libre 5.0 includes support for chat bots, virtual agents, virtual assistants, social media bots, live chat, animated avatars, and speech. Bot Libre supports bots for the web, mobile, Facebook, Twitter, Telegram, Slack, email, SMS, IRC, and new platforms are being added every month.
"Bot are the new apps". Mobile has replaced the web as the main communication market, and social media apps are the most popular mobile apps. Businesses need to connect with consumers on the platforms they use, so it now makes more sense for a business to create a bot/chat interface into their business instead of a website, or their own mobile app. Bot Libre lets you create a bot for yourself or your business and deploy the bot to the Facebook, Twitter, Telegram, Slack, the web, mobile, and other services. Bots let you "write once deploy everywhere".
Bot Libre 5.0 supports rich HTML responses including buttons, links, choices, images, video, and audio. Bot Libre supports HTML responses on the web, mobile, and automatically maps HTML to social media platforms.
Bot Libre bots can be trained using natural language, chat logs, response lists, Twitter feeds, AIML, and scripting. Responses are automatically matched using a heuristic artificial intelligence algorithm and do not require any programming. Responses can also use keywords, topics, required words, labels, repeats, and other meta data.
New features in Bot Libre 5.0 since 4.0 include:
- Rich HTML responses including buttons, links, and choices
- Facebook Messenger support
- Facebook Messenger support for HTML responses including buttons, links, images, and other tags
- Telegram support
- SMS text messaging and Twilio support
- XML and JSON web service support from scripting
- HTML scraping and social media support from scripting
- Vision and image processing support
- Support for uploading files and images to the bot, and file processing
- Automatic language translation
- Slack support
- Google Calendar support
- New speech and avatar options
- Mobile command and virtual assistant support